Thursday, April 09, 2009

Casaba Cantina!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Melonball Thursday!!!! The best holiday of them all this year coincides with Passover the trendy Jewish holiday marking the exodus of the Jews from 400 years of slavery! From this they wandered the desert for forty years following Moses. (allegedly they were walking off the meal, nyuk nyuk) If they had only had GPS...........



I'm telling you this to tell you a SILLY little story, yes involving a passover of sorts. Imagine if you will, the Thrilling Resort Of Ill Repute sloping the hillside towards the Long Island Sound on the CT Shoreline. We call it Yankee Key West in this strip of the CT shoreline as many wild birds mixed with drunken cockatoo's, sometimes three or four. The Resort was a breeding ground for bad behavior and timeshares, the two go together like hot dogs and doughnuts. The staff there was a fantastic team of characters. It was like Hogwarts with liquor and name tags. The Prancing Polish Prince and I worked the slave shifts being the low men on the totem pole. This included bfast buffets with mutants like QTip, Elena and Disco Bob working side by side with us. More stories there, but another time. Sometimes the hangovers were so bad one of would sleep under the buffet while the other ran the floor and room service. I digress.


The Resort was a three tiered nightmare of stairs that developed my calves to the fierce models of art they are today. When we would work brunch, I was usually furthest away from the kitchen with a long way to schlepp plates. Down three flights to the hellhole kitchen I would carry my heavy trays and pass the coffee station along the way. There were swinging western doors to the station that had to be watched out before the next left, entrance to the kitchen. It was my joy to smack said door en route to knock my colleague filling a coffee pitcher so that it would spill (hopefully on them and burn a tad). This particular day I had hit the Prince a number of times and it wasn't helping his H/over. On the last trip down I smacked the door, shouting "Door" as was customary, into the Prince in full on coffee mode. He didn't care for this, followed me into kitchen with a scrounged piece of cheesecake off a nearby dirty plate laden tray. He stalked me to the dish station and as I unexpectedly dropped tray on slop station my ears were filled with, "Cheesecake!!!!" I turned to see the Prince in full demonic glee with dirty cheesecakd fingers. I turn to his unintentional target, the salad pantry and the weasel QTip that was shocked by the pastryassault that splattered on the facade of pantry. A pantry raid if you will. This was a Passover that I will remember for a long time. I wouldn't have worn the tyranny of the sweet very well and the acts of retribution would have been ugly. Happy Passover it was.



Isn't that Silly?????? I thought so.


HAPPY MELONBALL THURSDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home