Thursday, May 21, 2009

Geeked Out.

I'm dating a married man. Shocking you say? It's not all it's cracked up to be. He's married to a friend of mine and he's straight. Our dates are nonsexual and what makes this worse....I know non sexual and straight isn't enough.......they're geeky.


E and I love sci-fi, fantasy, comic book genre. And we treasure our nonsexual movie dates. They usually involve pre show cocktails and when we're really feeling it....hot dogs. Screw the popcorn. We're there for every X movie, Star-whatever and Chronicles of Dragonriding literati that we can capture. If there's a dark force in the cinema, my God, show us where to sign. Loved ones step aside at this usually to ignore the glare of Geekdom, it's a discerning art form. But look at this objectively: It may be geeky, it ain't nerdy. Geeky will imply a certain abnormality to the mainstream but still retaining a sense of sociability. Nerdy means under developed social skills in a counter culture. I will accept geeky as a method operandis.


And each summer brings more of the genre to the box office which means more dates with E, Patron and Oscar Meyer. Weenies all over the place. This summer is hot for these films and let me tell you here and now, Go See 'Star Trek'!!!! You will thank me. The movie has totally revitalized the franchise and you can only see great things to come. The casting was perfect, the story great and the visuals.....Wow. Go see it. Our date was at the IMax for this movie, and I walked out dizzy. It was my first IMax and this was the movie to experience it in. And ps, it was funny. 'Wolverine's' next and hopefully 'Haunting in Ct'. Geek, OUT (say it like, "Kirk, Out!")

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't that technically a Bromance?

I have always loved Geeky men. Not nerdy men but geeky. Your distinction between the two is dead on.

Miss you!
GirlFran

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home