Sunday, July 23, 2006

Why, Y, Whie

Why is it that people think that their 5.50 for a cocktail entitles them to an alcohol beverage in a clean glass, unlimited cocktail napkins and free reign to cast judgements on the server of said beverage? If you really think this is a pathetic job, don't come out here and PATRONIZE us. We have two types of Patron already, peddle your crazy elsewhere, we're all stocked up here. I'm scared by the limited mobility that these people have in their life and am afraid to drive my life around them. I need to maintain a certain course to pay my rent and put food on the table and cleaning suppllies in the hutch, why would people interfere with my directive with banal requests on limited data intakes. They should be allowed a license to dine out, much like driving and shooting heavy artillery, before they make their mark in our world. You heard me. If you can't say it, you can't have it. If your repertoire of social interaction includes not appreciating who's serving you and why, cast off and go home, cuz we are done with your lame ass.

YMCA's are a staple in society. They are a facility devoted to community, a dance and sometimes a vowel. I apppreciate the fact that they have been in existance as long as they have been. I appreciate the fact that they offer respite from the banal dregs of society with eliptical trainers, pools and saunas. YMCA's are a conduit to what society should be; a centered community. Inclusive and proud. I stand behind this dynamic and swim my laps there. If only they would recognize that the individual is the sum of the whole and not some of a hole. That's all I ask. Oh, and extend lap swimming hours to all day.

Whie is the name of the homeless guy who cant afford a restaurant, or a YMCA, and lives in the park adjacent to my current YMCA. He shutters when you talk to him in an effort to scare you off. He has a light load in his purloined shopping basket but that belies the spirit that he is taking in more than he is taking. He's a peach, and the pit is scary to see. Let all of his fruit be cosmetic and his inner core be unseen, cuz he is vindictive. Don't give him money, give him food or bottles. He is what we all rebel against, being alone in the face of society. Why, Y, Whie.

You do the math. Or alphabet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home