Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Waaaaaahhh, Ricky! Why can't I be in the show???

On Tuesday October 16th Ricky Martin, international superstar and former General Hospital actor, received the 2,351st star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame. Honorary Mayor of Hollywood, Johnny Grant recognized the pop star for selling more that 55 million albums worldwide. Puerto Rico born Martin gained notoriety back in 1998 during the World Cup frenzy with his hit "La Copa de Vida", and of course "La Vida Loca". Since then Martin became a tireless advocate for impoverished and abused children, founding The Ricky Martin Foundation which has received international recognition in it's works. On hand for the presentation was Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and Actress Rita Moreno.









I mocked this man for as long as I could for his lackluster tour on my favorite soap opera. Then he returned to prominence (in leather pants) in 1998, and I lost my mind. I still have.



Aye-yi-yi.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home