Sunday, November 09, 2008

Facebook has ruined my life.

I thought all the ghosts had left. I thought Halloween came once a year. I had no idea that I could still be scared by the darkness. Facebook has torn the scab off my psyche.


I have been found by my youth, my twenties and everyone I owe money to from thirties. I have been amazed by stories and people's abilities to 'pick right up' from whence we last spoke. This little networking website has me completely in it's mesmer. I'm able to chat with anyone I wish to in any time I want to. Convenience and conversation. I can share the slides of my vacations. I can read and write. I can even become a better Zombie. And the fact that one of my most anti social friends brought me into it is ironical. Now even my sister is on it. I can stalk my nieces' activities (there's reason to be scared again). I can even be part of a mobalized grass roots movement protesting Hate. Facebook has found me.


The real fright is following. A picture from the FIRST dance I ever went to. With MB, I'm guessing it's Spring 1982 and the dance at the Silas Deane Middle School.
Thanks for sharing MB. I'm beside myself. (leaves computer to go take xanax)

1 Comments:

At 2:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

lololol
The humilation that is past photos on Facebook is unending
I live in fear daily
but I have learned if you wait a few days, you can go in and quietly untag your name and no one ever notices.

my own lil secret to share with you

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home