Friday, March 12, 2010

Awards Shows; Brian Safi

We may be getting into March Madness but I'm worn out from Awards Season. I've Grammy'd (Hi Tammy! Hi Melissa!) I've Emmy'd, I've Globed the night Golden. I've BAFTA'd til I've SAG'd and cheered Sandy B the entire way. I love the ceremonies and the photo op's. And the magic that is Joan Rivers returns to E! Network for her fashion wrap up. Joan, we missed you. I think the pomp and circumstance on par with any sporting event and fully buy into the frenzy. My Oscar party menu has been copied and rumored to be this years Whitehouse Oscar Party menu. I really get into it. It's competition for me to garner the most right guesses on the winner and good humility when I'm (seldom) wrong. I love the energy that fills the town as you spiritedly debate the clerk at the market the hopeful for Best Picture. This being Hollywood, there's always a vested interest. Thistime of year is so entertaining. The fashion, the faux pas the freaky ladies that run up onstage to pull a 'Kanye' moment on the microphone. Awards Season to me is the most natural extention of the Holiday Season and something to be treasured. It's kinda gay, but hey...........So am I.

To fully appreciate the gayness of this all, watch this video here. This latest segmant from Brian Safi and 'That's Gay' is hilair. Please, enjoy and remember it's an honor just to be nominated and pretty bitchin' to win.
(joan pix from insidesocal.com)

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home