Saturday, September 02, 2006

Rabbit, Rabbit.

Rabbit, Rabbit is the first post of the month to bring my blog good fortune and to celebrate things pretty, witty and gay. Not always in that order. Rabbit Rabbit.

On the first day of each month if the words "Rabbit, rabbit" are the first you should speak when you awake. The legend is that good fortune awaits you in the coming month. I hadnt missed a month this year until Sept. Maybe I was distracted with the hole (pun intended) cleansing that I am undertaking (see US Open series), maybe I'd absorbed all the luck I had coming this year-I have had a tremendous 06. Whatever the reason, I missed my favorite incantation and tried to remind those near and dear about it. Everyone needs a little luck, don't you think? Rabbit Rabbit.

It was with luck that we survived the last ten weeks of the summer of 06. I don't know where these people came from but they couldn't have been any worse a clientel for a restaurant if they were hemmoraging rhino strung out on LSD. Hideous. I put away the jokes and strapped on the gas mask and kept my eyes on september coming. And now it's here, and Labor Day to boot. Our bluecollar holiday that reminds us how the nation is run; poorly from above, on the backs of the hourlies. Labor Day, should be celebrated over nine months, culminating in a Labor Day? Please be nice to your server as karma's a bitch, and moving really quickly lately. Time flies. Rabbit Rabbit.

As time flies fast, the people at Marvel Comics have decided to match DC Comics gay for gay. With the lesbiurrection of Batwoman as a crimefighting socialite out-lesbian the comic book powerhouses have trolled their universes to turn-Out new role models. Evidently they know where there fanbases are rooted. Marvel has long dabbled in queering characters; Northstar of the XMen, the Young Avengers book series, but until now hasnt put one of their mainliners out on the big pink street. In the XMen comics they have revealed the steel-turning russian, Colossus, as a big mo. I have long since loved this series. They speak to young gays in a metaphor that it's okay to be different, different can be cool. Most important you need to remember is that you are not alone. Out there in the world are people like you and you need to keep your head up, so you'll see them. I think this is pretty awesome that they have put some really great faces to gay ideals and can provide inspiration and comfort to readers of all ages. Its great to see ownership of ideals, people who's deeds match there words, continuously. It's very reassuring and pretty cool. Rabbit Rabbit.

On the other hand, when people don't own up to their true nature and deny, deny, deny, they can create smoke and can really speed up karma. It's great that Tab Hunter, George Takeii, and Richard Chamberlain can go to the oldhomoresthome-o with a clear conscience, and grab the male orderlies without fear of a tell-all being written shaming their big pink secrets. But fellas, you could have come to the table sooner. And instead of bringing a beard, a tossed salad may have been nice. You 'skirted' around the issues and enjoyed your success closeted. Wasn't it dark in there? Wouldn't you have preferred to take a trip down the runway and be free of all those earthly constraints? Go, Greased Lightning. You could have flown with the ease of a thunderbird (tbird), with those three little words that even Lance Bass had the balls to say. How much success is necessary to feel safe? It won't take much for me I think. Just enough to take care of my family, my love, myself and work occasionally. A nice couple of homes and maybe a trip here and there a couple times a year. I like to fly, but I really I like to drive. Rabbit Rabbit.

I'm all about that RV America concept, renting a camper van and taking off down the road. I want to see Graceland and I know my partner, Sister and her partner and kids and those magical Martino girls would make the trek. Goosy says she would but that's another story. Read more about Goosy in 'Air Banada' here in spatagram. Rabbit Rabbit.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home