Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Curtains.

After nearly 12 years on Broadway, the producers of Rent have announced that the play that sparked a resurgence in interest for musical theater will close after it's June 1 st performance. The show, an East Village version of La Boheme, won 4 Tony awards, made stars of it's basically unknown cast and inspired a generation of theater goers. The plays author Jonathan Larson died two weeks before the play was to open of an aneurysm, galvanizing the plays central idea; "No day, but today. "

Wow, I'm sad. I always lose my breath at the lyrics, "Will I lose my dignity, will no one care." The show took me out of my twenties and delivered me to my rambunctious thirties. I was really impressed when Goosy and her girls who would make their ways to NYC to see the latest of plays, had nothing but great things to say about the show, language aside.
End of an era.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 4:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still have the box cassette soundtrack of Rent! For those of you who you are much younger, please refer to a dictionary.
Seasons of Love, still makes me cry happy tears and brings back fond memories of someone who lives in all of our hearts!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home