Sunday, December 16, 2007

Birthday Week.

I'm at odds at the end of the year, not only because I think back on what the year brought me, but the holidaze are compounded with my birthday. I'm an attention whore, with Attention Deficit Disorder (anagram= awadd). There's just so much rushing around to secure holiday bliss that we all get swept away with it. I sometimes fall victim to that and kinda skip over my natal anniversary. I'm at odds with the rushing towards the New Year. Quite literally I'm at odds on my birthday, it is the seventeenth which is an odd number. Odd and yet my lucky number. A yogi once told me that the numerology of birth dates can tell how long a person has been "around" 1 + 7 = 8 and eight means I've been here awhile. That makes total sense to me.




And sense is what it's all about today. Stimulating all the senses was the agenda. Birthday week begins today and I decide to treat myself to a proper meal on a Sunday. I went to Pink's for a beautiful hot dog. Pink's is an LA institution and one of the first places I'd dined at when first moving here. I had me the Ozzy Osbourne which was a hot dog stuffed in to the cavity of a headless bat. Kidding. It's a spicy hot dog with onions and tomatoes, nacho and American cheeses and I had them jazz it up with jalapenos. Round out this little bounty with chili fries and a strawberry soda and I was in heaven. Granted I didn't smell to pleasant, but that wouldn't stop me from trolling over to BevHills.



My sojourn down Wilshire found the Christmas lights up. My truck had the holiday tunes playing, my eyes and ears were lulled into pleasantville. In front of the Beverly Wilshire Hotel they were shooting what seemed to be a scene from the "Sex And The City" movie as Kim Catrall was tromping down the sidewalk with big shopping bags, and tons of fans gathered near to watch. I'm not sure what sense this activated. I was tempted to touch her, but thought the better of it. See J, all those security guards yelling at me in the museums finally taught me something. I arrived at Needless Markups and found my way to the fragrance counter. I would have the new Tom Ford scent and be pleased in the birthday way. Happy Birthday to me from Uncle Jimmy. The counter attendant had the most amazing bottom it was a privilege to view it. All of the fragrances in the collection are insanely good. I just wanted to leave my nose there to live, but he said I couldn't. All ass and no humor is not going to do the boy well. The Clean scent was amazing but not what I was going for. The Extreme is like High Karate only good. Maybe I offended counter boy with my onion and garlic breath, but I smell amazing as I type this. I'm wearing the collar of my shirt up above my nose like I'm some sort of blogging bandit. The photo is of Mr Ford cavorting his fifty year old towel snapping self with twenty something models in a recent ad campaign for "Billionaires Gone Wild".





My new blogging friend Leah has an expression, "I like nice people who smell good." I guess she'll like me half the time. Hee Hee. Happy birthday to us all!!! And to all a good scent.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:49 AM , Blogger n/a said...

Happy Birthday Tspats! Can't wait to smell your new scent...sans Pinks.
Thanks for the shout out :)
xoxoxo

 
At 9:50 AM , Blogger n/a said...

P.s. my bday is on the 26th (2 +6 = 8) We rule!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home