Thursday, December 13, 2007

Rock, and Roll.

At the ripe old age of 76, Ike Turner passed away yesterday at his San Diego area home. The self-styled "Father of Rock and Roll" had no prior illness. Turner will long be remembered for giving the world Anna Mae Bullock, his ex-wife, Tina Turner. Tina's autobiography, I, Tina gave a window to the hellacious domestic violence that this creative partnership brought. The autobiography was made into an Oscar nominated film in 1993, What's Love Got To Do With It starring Angela Basset and Lawrence Fishburn. If you can look at Fishburn objectively after seeing this movie, you're a better man than me.

I saw Tina in Hartford in 85, and I'm a better man for it.

2 Comments:

At 9:19 AM , Blogger n/a said...

I never saw the film...Must add to queue!

 
At 1:32 PM , Blogger TSpats said...

You must see this movie. Angela Basset was amazing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home