Saturday, November 24, 2007

Crazy.

I'm really not sure what's crazy. Sometimes I live in reality and accessorize with crazy, but other times I feel that it's vice versa. Or if you are a Bear, vice ursa (more to come on bearchic). Malibu, the town that I work in, the town that I cut my SoCal teeth in, is burning for the second time in a month. Wildfire season is upon us here in Los Angeles and it's awkward learning these seasons. You have Mudslide Season, Summer Season, Dry Season and that's it. Three periods of adjustment of nice warm weather. Currently in Dry Season, we are subject to wildfires and crazy Santa Ana Winds. If you don't know by now, Santa Ana Winds are warm blast that come from the north and make people crazy. They are hot, dry natural phenoms that do more than fly a kite. They are like a grave opening. They are natural, but just enough unusual in their feel to make you thing they're supernatural. I digress. The winds came.
Something started the fires. Malibu burned and at last count, 35 homes were gone. This changes the restaurant business amazingly. No one will come to eat in a town that's on fire. Seeing as I had a great week, and many of my colleagues needed to work, I bowed out of the shift tonite. I sat at the bar, ate crab legs, and drank Krug. The only thing missing was Nero's fiddle. I can't believe the depravity, but I sure do laugh at the crazy. Wait. I do hear a fiddle. And it's a full moon. What sucks is that it takes a fire to make a great sunset. Maybe Nero was just misheard.

1 Comments:

At 8:30 PM , Blogger n/a said...

Every time I leave town Malibu burns! Remind me not to leave again.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home