Thursday, January 17, 2008

Twelve Days Of 40!!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't know me by now you'll come to appreciate that I am a showman. I love a good production number and study it's intricacies to reproduce one day in a fashion that suit me. What I've learned from Cher alone, but I digress. Attention Whore? Maybe. Non-traditionalist? Abso-smurfly. (By the by, the Smurfs just turned fifty). At the end of the year I will be ripening like fruit (funny on three levels) to the mature age of 4 decades. 4 decades is earlier to remember than Tony 4.0 or 39 a, but either way there's gonna be some flourish.





Out to lunch (insert joke) with friend Tiffany, a remarkable young lady with as much gumption as myself, sans gaul she asked how I would be marking my 4 decade natal anniversary. I told her of plans to jump from a plane, new tattoo, toys, parties etc. I told her that it would definitely fill a week's worth of activities. She told me that I could do better. (Pause. Cue climbing music) Celebrate the 17 th of every month with some amazing feats of daring and decadence. She's an event coordinator/showman with her own bubbling business. She named this clockwork-banana "The Twelve Days Of 40". Drool fell from my attention whore lips into my lo mien. A sparkle jumped from my eye to her squeals of delight. It was an amazing moment. And as the 'plans' have been forming it became less about me, and more about fun. My people here there and everywhere are being put on notice that if your are around the Los Angeles area during a 17 th of the month and want to have a few squeals, call me. The Master List is being tabulated with forty or more goals to be hit during the 12 Days. Here's a taste;


1. Get notarized.

2. See Cabo.

3. Beach Picnic @ Matador.

4. Stop nail biting.

5. See Sicily.

6. Celebrate anyone who's bday is the 17th.

7. Breast Cancer benefit.

8. Clean closets of apartment to Bree Van De Kamp Crazy.

9. Best shape of life.

10. Find Leslie Silva.

11. New tattoo.

12. Sushi off a male model.

13. Jump from a plane.

14. Jump from a bridge.

15. Jump by Van Halen.

16. Post this crap online.

17. See the LA Colosseum.

18. Tell Phillip Morris to go scratch.

19. Adopt. A panda.

20.See all LA museums.


and the Master List goes on.....suggestions encouraged.





For those of you so inclined, join in wherever you feel. I'm hoping to have a website where there can be fun and frolic, maybe even a gift shoppe for memorabilia. But there will be (blood) pictures and laughs, so tune in.

By the power vested in me my by striking good looks, some striking writers, the sagitarian zodiac, The Universal Life Church, and the state of California, I hereby declare The 12 Days Of 40 now open!!!!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 10:28 AM , Blogger Muser | Writer | Traveler said...

Where is "Visit the gorgeous and amazing Lisa-Marie in her oceanfront home in the Bahamas"? I'm sorry but I can't participate - I'm only in my mid-30s :-)

 
At 10:38 AM , Blogger jackie said...

here here you go bro!! I'll be there for the 12th 17th. Who will join me?

 
At 11:05 AM , Blogger TSpats said...

LM, you can participate, you're mentally forty. By that I mean, with it and hip. Actually there are no age restrictions, but you have to be a certain hight for the rides.

The rsvp list begins with Sal and Jack!!!! We better book a hall.

 
At 12:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

but...but my new gig doesn't go to LA!!!!
meh.
I guess I will have to watch from afar...

:)Frannel

 
At 1:12 PM , Blogger TSpats said...

Frannel that makes me sad. Anything can happen in a year. Who knows, you might be having a simple Jack n Coke in a quiet bar when someone will come up to you and say very gently, "Heeeee's heeeerrrreee." Anything can happen. Magic exists and silliness abounds.

 
At 1:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What writers strike? Spatagram goes global, reality T.V. anyone??? The little engine that could will try to keep up! What doesn't kill you only make you stronger or insane whichever comes first.....
LOL Eric

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home