Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Celery, Celebrity, Brita.

Celery is an all important vegetable. It's proud, it groes upright towards the sun. It's fancy as it bears leafy foliage. It's popular in being a fundamental ingredient in cooking styles french and cajun. The french use celery in the basic three ingredients of mirepoix; celery, carrots and onions. Mirepoix starts many a recipee. New Orlean's spirituality pokes fun at the necessity of such a component. They use a similar ingredient of celery, onions and peppers that they refer to as The Holy Trinity. This important vegetable formula shows the celebrity that celery. My favorite use of celery, outside of as a sipstir in a nice Bloody Mary, is an analogy by Mary D. Mary D was an amazing boss who's talent was in banquet managing, but her words could be applied to any job:



"Thing about this industry is that the salary is too much like celery, insulting
when they hit you with it, and composed mostly of water. "
Mostly water, I love that. Such a shame that water isn't the symbol of purity that it used to be.













Celebrity is the seperation from ordinary to extraordinary. It means the state of being celebrated or widely known and regarded. Los Angeles is a land extremely well populated with celebrities and those wanting to cross-over. My favorite game to play in the market is Incognito Celebrity where I don a cap and sunglass and dash about the grocery store to do my business leaving a wake of "Do I know him...." in my absence. Celebrity is composed mostly of water when you look at it. Everyone is basically the same, only some are more puffy than others. Case in point, Puff Daddy. He is a celebrity and overblown, but still puts his pants on one leg at a time. When I meet celebrities I don't gush as a rule. But my tastes are different, only special things catch my eye. Like meeting Yvonne Craig, the original Batgirl. I was working at the restaurant when a large table was passing around some paraphenelia from a tv show. The headgear looked superheroinish and I querried, "Batgirl or Catwoman?" to a friendly guest. My friend informed me that the guest of honor was none other than the original Batgirl from the Batman tv show in the sixties. I said, "Yvonne DeCarlo?". My friend said, "No. That's dead Lily Munster, this is Yvonne Craig." Blast and Tarnation, I've always done that. Oooops. As Ms Craig left I thanked her for coming in to the restaurant and let her know how much I enjoyed her celebrity on "Batman". She was so cool in purple. She gave me a big hug and a kiss as she promised to come in again. I also encountered Mario Lopez recently, who's no batgirl. He entertained a young nymph at a popular eatery I frequent. My partner encountered him in the restroom and received a surly look from the uber male. I'm sorry, you need to be this high (puts open hand to mid-chest) to ride the rides of ubermale with arrogance. He dallied in the restroom long enough to hawk up a loogie, and text his next bim-du-jour that he was on the way. I hope that super mario gets saved by a bell of reality since celebrity is fleeting, like an enema, and just like an enema, mostly water. Pictured here with our favorite cad on Nip/Tuck, Julian McMahonn, Mario in water and celebrity plays an "annoyingly fit, younger plastic surgeon. Celebrity has a way of disappearing, one day's feast is then next's to go box. What goes up, does come down.













Brita is a filtration system that removes impurities from water. It is a fantastic item that makes great tasting water and healthy too. It makes a wonderful housewarming gift to someone in their first apartment and make shift vase when they need one. I find that if you're dealing with a large amount of H20 you need to discern the good parts from the bad. A Brita is a great aid in this. Would that more things in life could have this capability.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home