Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Creature Comforts.

I know people that love to go to open-houses just for the trill of walking through them. They never have any intention of buying the house, just the activity alone was satisfactory. I know another fella that used to love travelling for work. He thought there was nothing better than showering, getting into a sterilized terry cloth robe, ordering up room service and watching a movie. He was addicted to room service shrimp cocktails, but hey, it was his thing.


My thing is rental cars. I love them. I love seeing a lot filled with cars and any one of them can be mine for a short period of time. It's an automotiverendevous. An assignation du car. I love the anonymity of it all. And the perks? Power windows, cd player, AIR CONDITIONING. I especially love to step on the gas, and fly down the road. I do that anyway with my truck, Flash, it's just naughtier when it's someone elses. Yummy.


My point, and I do have one, is that my starter is being replaced by the garage J and I built, and a valve gasket and a transmission mount natch. I'm currently seeing a Ford Edge, their SUV. It's pretty fun and wider than I'm used to. Here I am, so skinny, in such a Trojan Whores. It's funny to think of. Me in a domestic vehicle, crazy world. Here's the photo of my little trick. I totally love this mini mental vacation that a rental car provides. It's escapism on many levels. And the fact that the Enterprise staff does cartwheels for me is inspirational too. Who knew that customer service was alive? And always, always, always get the insurance. Right O?????????????

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 3:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh the Joy of the rental. You get all the insurance and then get to enjoy speeding over speed bumps and hitting potholes without a care in the world. many is the time I took a bump too fast and thought to myself...self...yeah...all hail the rental!
:) Fran

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home